tall jar with lid
large craft sticks
small, straight-edged jar or glass
scrapbook paper or construction paper
1. Place several craft sticks in a jar filled with water. Attach lid so sticks are completely covered. Soak at least 4 hours.
2. Remove sticks from water. Slowly and gently, begin bending each stick into a circle. This may take a few minutes per stick. If you force the stick to bend too quickly, it will break.
3. Place bent stick in smaller jar to hold its shape while it dries overnight. Once dry, remove sticks from jar.
4. Apply paint to inside surface of bracelet.
5. Cut scrapbook paper into pieces slightly bigger than craft stick. Write verse on paper with pen.
6. Use a paintbrush to apply a thin layer of Mod Podge to the front of the bracelet, then adhere paper to the center. Trim excess with scissors.
7. Cover entire bracelet with a coat of Mod Podge to give it a smooth finish.
This craft first appeared in the September 2017 issue of Clubhouse magazine. Used by permission. Photos and designs © FOTF/Jenny Dillon.Find more crafts here